What kind of personal data we collect
Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail collects only the personal data you provide Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail (including your name, email address, and contact telephone numbers). We may also keep a record of any information that you acquire from Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail.
Where we collect personal data from
Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail collects personal data from the following sources:
- By you contacting us enquiring about information on Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail services or anything on this website
- Directly from you when you register and request Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail to supply you with information or services in connection with this website
- By you conducting transactions through the website
- Indirectly through your use of this website and the services and functionality offered through it
How we use your personal data
Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail uses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Replying to your queries
- Processing your application for registration for use of Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail services or to gain access to information on this website made available only to registered users
- Providing you with information about Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail services
- Providing you with services
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations
- Any specific purpose which Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail notifies you of at the time personal data is collected
- Processing transactions that you may conduct through the website
Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail may disclose information about you (including your identity) to a third party if the Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail is requested to do so in the course of a criminal or other legal investigation, or if the Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail determines that disclosure is necessary in connection with any complaint regarding your use of this website.
How we store personal data
Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail stores personal data electronically and in paper form. The personal data is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
How you can access/amend your personal data
You may access your personal data that Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail holds by emailing us at email@example.com. Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail will provide you with a copy of the personal data Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail keeps about you.
You may request that the personal data Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail holds about you be corrected by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail agrees that your personal data is to be corrected, we will provide you with an amended record.
How long we hold personal data
Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device (for example, your computer or mobile phone). These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using this site:
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies' internet tools which we are using to enhance our site.
Some third-party tools used on this website, such as Google Maps, may set additional cookies. Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail has no control over cookies set by third parties and assumes no responsibility for them.
How to refuse or delete cookies
General Data Protection Rules (GDPR)
If you are in the European Union, you have additional rights in relation to your personal data under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (in effect on 25 May 2018). Under the GDPR you have the right to:
- Right to data portability. You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal data stored and processed by Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail and you may direct Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail to transfer your personal data to another controller via csv format.
- Right to erasure/right to be forgotten. You have the right to request that any of your personal data is deleted from our records. Please note that while we can delete your personal data from our current records, data may be stored in Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail inactive and archived records and will be deleted in accordance with Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail's document management policies. In some cases, your personal data may continue to be stored in archived records of transactions or activities where Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail is required by law to retain such records.
- Right to restriction of processing. You may request that Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail restrict the processing of your personal data. This may affect your ability to use or navigate some of our customer services.
Find out more
There will be no refunds on donations.