The Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail is truly one of New Zealand's Great Rides!
For over 300 km visitors can experience some of the most beautiful scenery New Zealand has to offer. Suitable for all ages.
The Trail is an easy and intermediate grade and offers a pleasing mix of on and off-road trails which link the Southern Alps to the Pacific Ocean.
Allow 4-6 days for the entire ride, or simply try out a day excursion.
Whichever option you choose, the Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail is sure to be a memorable experience.
- Aoraki/Mt Cook Village and National Park
- Dark Sky Reserve
- Turquoise Coloured Lake Pukaki and Lake Tekapo
- Scenic Flights
- Great Hospitality Awaits
- Unique Accommodation Choices (for all levels of budget)
- Snow-capped Mountains
- Investigate side trips for great walks and rides - including many Conservation Parks
- Golden Tussock Landscapes
- Brilliant Autumnal Scenery (in Autumn - April time is best)
- Clay Cliffs
- Hot Tubs
- Maori Rock Art
- Waitaki Hydro Scheme of Rivers, Canals and Lakes
- The Waitaki Geopark including the Limestone Cliffs and Elephant Rocks
- Boutique Shops and Galleries
- Oamaru's Victorian Precinct
- Oamaru Blue Penguin Colony
- Pacific Ocean