Relaxed 7-8 Day Itinerary
An 8 day itinerary that allows for a leisurely pace as well as plenty of sight-seeing and relaxation on the way!
The trip can be shortened to 7days by changing day one to Lake Tekapo to Twizel (56km) - Easy does it on this relaxed ride.
You have two main options to book your 7-8 day itinerary with many more options available within whichever package you should choose!
- Choose a complete guided or supported Cycle Tour Package. Either option is a simple 'one stop shop' for your cycle holiday. A guided tour will mean you have the company of a knowledgeable guide with you at every twist and turn of your cycle trail adventure - all accommodation / all meals and transfers and bike hire can be included if needed. A supported tour will be without a guide, however accommodation / luggage transfers / car or airport transfers, bike hire and dinner options are all possible to be arranged on your behalf.
- DIY - You have several options in doing it for yourselves...
- Bring your very own support person / team to transfer your bags to the next overnight accommodation point (and provide much needed provisions during the day!), then all you need to do is book your accommodation at strategic points according to your anticipated schedule (see the example schedule below).
- Have bike panniers (your own or hired) to be able to carry your kit. There are bike pinch barriers along some sections of the trail at the landowners request to keep out motorbikes. Fair warning - bikes with panniers will need to be lifted over these in most instances.
- Have a Luggage Transfer company move your bags from one night's accommodation to the next according to your schedule.
- Have a local Tour Operator relocate your vehicle, for you to be re-united at the end of the period.
• Day 1 - Aoraki/Mt Cook to Braemar Road (35km) (or Lake Tekapo to Twizel (54km) - this gives you a spare day to your itinerary to explore your interests)
• Day 2 - Braemar Road to Twizel (42km)
• Day 3 - Twizel to Lake Ohau (38km)
• Day 4 - Lake Ohau to Omarama (45km)
• Day 5 - Omarama to Otematata (24km)
• Day 6 - Otematata to Kurow (40km)
• Day 7 - Kurow to Duntroon (28km)