Point of difference
Trail Adventures are located at the scenic mid-trail township of Omarama with cycle hire and a small retail outlet.
It sounds so cheesy when we say it out loud but when we sat down to work out what makes the Trail Adventures service different, it really was that we’re a small family business and we do our best to ensure each one of our customers gets a personalised experience – you’re never just a number to us.
At the heart of the Trail Adventures tours and service is the genuine love of the outdoors and a need to share the incredible New Zealand countryside, sucking in fresh air and soaking in some Vitamin D while enjoying first-rate hospitality on the trail less travelled.
Directions from nearest town
Situated in St Thomas' Church on Omarama Avenue (State Highway 8) which is next to the Heritage Gateway Hotel and almost directly opposite the Top 10 Holiday Park.
More fun, less stress: that’s what a Trail Adventures Alps 2 Ocean Cycle Trail tour is all about.
We do all the donkey work, the admin and the quality control, so that you’re free to focus on enjoying the ride and the incredible NZ scenery.
Trail Adventures has developed each A2O cycle trail tour package to offer maximum enjoyment for our adventurers from start to finish.
That means you get top quality gear and a range of unique accommodations with incredible hospitality you’ll never forget. Not to mention the best scenery in NZ and the sense of accomplishment that goes along with completing this wonderful cycle tour!
You can choose from one of our scheduled tours, flexible date tours or contact us about organising a customised group tour.
EXPERIENCES: SPECIFIC STARTING DATES
The bonus of these experiences is that all accommodation is booked in advance and is guaranteed.
We have three options:
- The Full Monty: the full Alps 2 Ocean experience with 8 nights on the trail. This allows for a comfortable ride each day & a helicopter start from Aoraki Mt Cook.
- Tekapo Explorer: enjoy the full Alps 2 Ocean experience with 7 nights on the trail. The start point is the alternative start at stunning Lake Tekapo.
- Fast & Furious: enjoy the full Alps 2 Ocean adventure with 5 nights on the trail. This allows for a faster paced ride, combining sections of the trail into each day.
EXPERIENCES: FLEXIBLE DATES
- The Top Half: enjoy the top half of the Alps 2 Ocean adventure from the official start point at Aoraki/Mount Cook or the alternative start at Tekapo through to Omarama with 3 nights on the trail.
- The Weekender: enjoy the best bits of the Alps 2 Ocean adventure from the alternative start at Tekapo through to Lake Ohau with 2 nights on the trail.
- Winery Jaunt: combine a few hours of cycling with a rewarding and well-deserved platter and paddle of wine tasting at River-T Estate Wines in Kurow.
EXPERIENCES: BUILD YOUR OWN
If you have an idea of what you would like to do however haven’t seen it in one of our experiences, let us know and we can work together to build your own personalised experience.
We offer shuttle services to any part of the trail by prior arrangement. We can offer storage of vehicles on site also if required.
We have a fleet of Merida hybrid bikes, 27.5 mountain bikes, Merida E bikes, children's mountain bikes, child's tagalong, child’s trailer and baby seat all available for hire.